Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Grunged UTEE


My project for today- grunging UTEE! I watched an old Carol Duvall with Suze on it. She did a fabulous technique involving stamping an image onto a nonstick craft sheet, embossing it, and then pouring melted UTEE from the pot over it. When you peel it off the sheet, the original image you embossed is embedded in the sheet and wow! Well, I sort of did my thing and ended up asking for help to take the shine down and grub it up. I ended up using silver rub'n buff and then dulled it all down with goo gone per Zeborah's recommendation. Pretty close to what I think I want! Next I'm going to try pewter and bronze.....

1 comment:

Zeborah Loray said...

Glad to see it worked for you.
Goo Gone is the only product I've run into so far that takes the shine down on embossing enamels.

I discovered it by accident when I was trying to get some adhesive off a project. LOL