Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hand Made Gifts

I just added the Hand Made Gift Pledge button to my blog... I signed up for this a while back the way I mindlessly sign up for neat things I stumble across online. Today it caught my attention when I saw it in Trish B's post, and it reminded me of all the ridiculous gifts my brother Doug and I made with great love, excitement and effort, all those years ago. Mom, Dad and Grandma Bly always went "crazy" over the tiniest bit or bauble covered in macaroni, finger paints or whatever the teacher gave us in art class. Yes, art class! At home our mom always had creative supplies ready to inspire our gift giving. As an adult I continued to make a gift for every occassion for my Mom who still swooned over each and every one. Now that Mom and Dad have both passed, I am inflicting my brother with homemade gifts. I just made a travel journal for his birthday, as a matter of fact (he leaves for the Gallapago Tuesday!). He dutifully admires,ooo's and awes just the way our parents taught us. So all you friends of mine be forewarned- I intened to go homemade for real! Lucky for you my talents have improved!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Heehee! I love your post! I was thinking about all my friends who have now come to ecpect a handmade gift! It happens all the time... I'm no ,.longer sure if it's a curse or a blessing!!