Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Glory- icycle paper doll


This girl has been in the works for years! First I made the face from fimo and away it went into a box. A few years ago I was peeling faux stucco from a wall an fell in love with the shape and texture of the piece that is now her body. Early this spring I was wandering around a variety store and found some little thingies that you use in fishing lures and put them in my stash. Last week I discovered that Ria Vaneman is turning 50- just a week ahead of me. I wanted to send her something special, and all I could think of was putting Glory together. I hope she likes her!

2 comments:

morningDove said...

this is a beautiful piece. Long awaited to be birthed and complete but going to a new home. i would love her esp. because of how you made her. I love the stories behind the creation.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HER!!!!!!
And it's hanging in my store for everyone to see :-)