Thursday, March 27, 2008

In loving memory of Tina Reichart Swaney

I lost one of my dearest of friends March 15Th. Tina was only 50 years old- how could this be? She was only sick briefly, but didn't even tell her immediate family the seriousness of her illness until the week she passed. She worked tirelessly for her church youth group and has 3 kids of her own. Her brother Mark and I taught Katie (the oldest) to say "Mommy's cuckoo!" when she was three years old. She would only say it at the absolutely most embarrassing times! Tina cared for her mother through years of debilitating Alzheimer's, and her father, when at 94, finally gave in and agreed to live with her. Of all the people that I wished happiness and long life for, it was Tina. Such a good person deserved to see her children marry and have children. Life is so strange. I just want everyone who visits my blog to know that a great everyday person passed and left a big ding in my heart.

2 comments:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

It's so hard to lose a good friend. Wishing you comfort in good memories, & strength to her family.

Katie said...

Sue, it's me, I just wanted to tell you thanks for writing this, my mom was a great everyday person and I miss her every single day. I was blessed to be her daughter and I am so thankful that she is remembered by many as the generous loving woman that she was. I just had to say thank you! I have been trying to call you, but I havent gotten any answer. Love You, Katie